For the purposes of Data Protection, the Data Controller is Dr Martin Baggaley, Managing Director, Borough Chambers Ltd of Keats House, 24-26 St Thomas St, London SE1 9RS.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data means any information which can, or which can potentially identify you as an individual. Some pages on this website may require you to give personal data in order for us to provide the services you have requested.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Your full name, address, postcode, email address, telephone and/or mobile telephone number so that we may process any request made by you for further information regarding our services.
Data regarding your visits to our website and the resources that you access will be automatically collected. This includes the following:
- Technical information including your IP address, browser type and operating system.
- Information about your visit to our site including pages viewed on our site, length of time spent on our site, source information.
- This information is not personally identifiable, but enables us to compile general statistics about the use of our website which we can use to improve the performance, effectiveness and targeting of our website.
HOW WE USE THE DATA YOU PROVIDE
Data provided to us will be used:
- To assist us in providing information and services to clients and to carry out our obligations arising from our contract with clients.
- To notify you of any changes in our services, or to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those you have already received or enquired about.
- To ensure that the information we provide to you both on our website and in written formats is relevant and presented to you in the most appropriate and effective format.
- To carry out research and statistical analysis which will enable us to improve and optimise the services we provide.
We do not pass any personal data onto third parties for the purposes of marketing, however there are circumstances when we may share your personal information with third parties for other purposes:
- In the event that we are legally obliged to disclose or share personal data in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our clients, employees or others.
- In order to process complaints or claims, it may be necessary to provide patient and treatment information to insurers, indemnifiers or legal advisors.
- Organisations providing IT systems, support and hosting in relation to the IT systems on which your data is stored and the hosting of our website.
- Third party service providers for the purposes of the confidential and secure destruction of personal data.
- In the event that any part of Borough Chambers Ltd or its assets are acquired or sold to another party, in which case we may pass your personal data to any prospective buyer as part of the business and its assets.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Data is stored on our secure systems and is password protected to prevent unauthorised access. Traffic on our website is via an encrypted connection. Where IT systems are provided by third parties, we ensure that they operate under contractual restrictions with regard to confidentiality and security, in addition to their obligations under data protection laws.
Please note that information submitted to Keats House Consulting Rooms (Borough Chambers Ltd) via the internet – over our website via our Contact Us form or via email – is not completely secure until it reaches us. Any data which is submitted to us by these means is therefore at your own risk.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information held by us, please contact us at the address below. In order to protect your privacy, we will ask you for proof of identity before processing any requests of this nature.
The Practice Manager
Keats House Consulting Rooms
24-26 St Thomas St
London SE1 9RS